- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about South America.
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?noticia=1632 (so far, in Spanish only)
AS OF JANUARY 7, 2013 pre-paid on-line reciprocity fees before departure and arrival will be payable for all entries into Argentina for Americans, Australian or Canadians, whether by land , sea, or flight. :(
Pre-payment has already started, no problems reported so far, it just does not become obligatory until 28 DECEMEBER 2012 for flights to Aeroparque or for Ezeiza International Airport, BA. As of Right now…
Hi there, my husband and I are doing a 6 day ausungate trek mid April. We're trying to figure out what kind of footwear to pack. Most pictures show people in mid rise hiking boots, but the trail looks quite smooth and established. Are there any scrambles? We're trying to decide between our trail running shoes and mid rise hikers.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello I am thinking of traveling to Peru for a few months, maybe elsewhere in south America after. I prefer traveling with just a pack and staying in hostels. I really want to volunteer as well figuring farming of some sort. Any how it would be great to travel with someone female or male, that are on the same page as myself. I am very easy going, independent, non emotional, strong in sticky situations, whether in the wilderness or with others, I adapt well, and love living and learning…
I am planning a trip to the Galapagos islands and I was wondering if anyone knows about the medical facilities available on the islands and where they are located. I am also planning on diving there and was wondering if there is a decompression chambers near by in case of emergencies.
Also if anyone who has travelled there found a difficult language barrier or if English was well understood.
I am an EU national looking into entering Venezuela by land from Brazil.
Various travel sites, including the UK government travel advisory, state that entry for most EU nationals is visa free when entering by air, but also that a visa obtained in advance is needed when entering by land or sea.
However, the Venezuelan embassy here tells me I cannot get a visa with them because I don't need one, even for this particular itinerary.
I am not sure what the real requirement is now. If this is…
Hello folks. I will visit South America during my European summer vacation, which happens to correspond to winter in the southern parts of the continent. I really want to see Torres del Paine while in Chile, which will be in the end of June. Considering it will be winter and quite far south, I have a few questions:
1) What's the weather like? I'm used to a cold climate, even snowstorms and other extreme weather, but I have never camped outside in winter before.
2) How is life in Punta Arenas an…