- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about South America.
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?noticia=1632 (so far, in Spanish only)
AS OF JANUARY 7, 2013 pre-paid on-line reciprocity fees before departure and arrival will be payable for all entries into Argentina for Americans, Australian or Canadians, whether by land , sea, or flight. :(
Pre-payment has already started, no problems reported so far, it just does not become obligatory until 28 DECEMEBER 2012 for flights to Aeroparque or for Ezeiza International Airport, BA. As of Right now…
We will spend three weeks in high elevation of Bolivia, trekking in the mountains, Isla del Sol etc., all well above 2200 m . So we do not plan to get a yellow fever shot.
The last couple of days i would like to go to Coroico and relax. The problem is that this area is lower elevation.
I am trying to decide if to skip it, not really keen to get a yellow fever shot because 2 days.
Do you have any info/ suggestion on my Coroico dilemma?
I am about to start my travels to South America and just wonder if someone can help me and give advise.
I will be flying to Buenos Aires and from that point I would like to go north including Cordoba and Iguazu Falls with the finish in Salta. Is Cordoba worth the visit or would you recommend to go from Buenos Aires directly... alternatives?
We are heading to Patagoina in November for 10 days.
The plan is to fly into El Calafate (arrive noon) then head straight up to El Chalten.
-3n El Chalten
back to El Calafate for 2n to see the glacier
then 4n TDP
Then back to El Calafate to fly to Ushuaia.
My problem at the moment is how to get from A-B. Ideally we would love to rent a car as we love the freedom plus we are into photography so would be great to stop for photos. I have read into it a lot and realise there is…
I have a couple question regarding Venezuela as I will hopefully visit in a couple weeks time.
- Do UK citizens need a visa to enter Venezuela by land? - I have read some information which says that we don't but the UK FCO website tells me that I do if I enter the country by land? (What's the story for Germans also).
- Has anybody recently made or has information on the Maicao border (Coming from Santa Marta to…
I'm finding Galapagos flights now beginning in May that are 140US one way. Can this be true? I can't find anything about you having to be ecuadorian? It's with Avianca! Can it be right?
I have a question regarding transportation from Puerto Varas right now. It seems like they will open the road to the border again tomorrow, I want to go to Bariloche since I have a flight booked from there on the 30th. Can anyone confirm? And the bus to Bariloche from Puerto Varas costs 18,000! To Osorno only 2,000. Maybe its cheaper to go there first and then take another one to Bariloche?
If a third eruption happens it will prolly be cancelled anyway. Does anyone have expierences with…