- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Canada|http://www…
This thread is intended to contain information useful to people travelling to Canada - please feel free to add anything relevant to it! Before we start though, here's some advice from the TT team:
1. Do a TT search! At least five posters a week ask what to do in Toronto, whether to go visit Niagara Falls on their way around the world, and whether it's possible to work under the table/overstay a tourist visa. The road is well travelled. Find those threads, add a reply (which brings the topic to…
I shall be travelling to Germany followed by France (Lyon) during first week of May and will be in Europe till mid May 2015. I am thinking of travelling to Italy/Switzerland during the long weekend and I have rented my Car for the whole duration of my stay. If someone has similar plan or have anything in common (few days), shoot me a message.
This summer I'm going to be traveling to the East Coast. At one point in my trip I will need to get from Montreal to Kingston NY (not Kingston Ontario). In Kingston I'm going to be at a camp in the Catskills for a week, and then return to Montreal. I have no car and am trying to figure out the best way to do this.
I see two options:
1) Greyhound or other bus service. There seems to be no direct way to get to Kingston by bus. Also once in Kingston, I will still have to cab to the final Camp…
this june, i will be arriving in halifax at 2 am and need to get to liverpool. actually summerville. would i be best to head into halifax and take a bus from there, or what would be other options? not really wanting to get a hotel
room as i will have been on the plane about 12 hours. thanks for any suggestions.
My husband has a month off in September. We are flying in to Seattle and home from Anchorage. We need advice on what to do along the way! We love Vancouver Island so will be spending time there. We have never been to Vancouver itself so will have some time there as well. After that, who knows!
I really want to spend time in the Great Bear Rainforest. We would like to go out with a guide at some point. What is the most cost effective way to do this?
I have Bella Coola on the radar. Has…
I fly into Vancouver on the 30th April and have 2 and a half free days before staring work in the city. I have no car but would love to go hiking for a couple of days and was wondering where is a good spot. My criteria are below:
what I'd like:
- peace and quiet and not too many people!
- good mountain views
- accessible without public transport
- not too long travelling time
- swimming (or perhaps that's a bonus - and possibly too cold!)
- a base with some amenities and accommodation
My best friend is to travel to cananda for summer holiday. She wants the privilege of riding a car while on her summer break. She asked me to give her tips on car rentals and insurance, since I have had such experience before. I don't think with the recent and modern trends, that the suggestions i gave her will be good enough. I suggested Avis.com and carrentalsmarket.com to her. So guys, please give us more and better suggestions if you think she can get a better alternative.
my fiance and I are planning a trip in the last week of May 2015. We will have 9 days in total (arriving Friday night, flying out again the following Sunday.) We are keen to go to Vancouver, but are torn between coupling this with Seattle, or Banff. Obviously the time of the year will be important here as Banff seems to be quite a seasonal destination (as does Seattle for that matter.) I am thinking of choosing between one of the two options below but would appreciate some thoughts.