Accommodation options are limited, and while the range of choices is slowly expanding, it can still sometimes be hard to find a room. Book well in advance, especially if you are travelling here between April and September, the city's high season. Centrum is the most convenient option.
- Citizen M Style on a budget, in a great location.
- Urban Residences Well set-up designer apartments in the centre of town.
- King Kong Hostel The location on the city's major entertainment strip is perfect for partying.
- Pincoffs Personalised service and an arty decor.
- nhow Sleek style, magnificent water views and a hip bar.
By Budget: €
- King Kong Hostel You'll be well placed to party at this hostel on Rotterdam's main entertainment strip.
- Ani & Haakien Slated for a major renovation, this hostel near Centraal Station has a friendly home-away-from-home feel.
- Stayokay Rotterdam Located in the famous cube houses, this hostel offers basic rooms and a good cafe.
- Stadsvilla Mout Hotel Classy digs are offered at modest prices in Schiedam's new boutique hotel.
By Budget: €€
- Citizen M A hostel for grown ups, this well-located choice has capsule-like rooms and hip common areas.
- Urban Residences Stylish, well-equipped apartments in the heart of the city.
- Pincoffs Rotterdam's only truly boutique hotel, this place rightly prides itself on its personalised service.
- nhow In the iconic De Rotterdam building in South Bank, nhow offers sleek rooms and a bar with panoramic terrace.
By Budget: €€€
- Citizen M Style on a budget, in a great part of town.
- nhow It's in Rem Koolhaas' De Rotterdam building. Need we say more?
- Mainport As luxurious as Rotterdam's hotels come, with plush decor and loads of facilities.
- Pincoffs An understated but elegant decor utilising recycled materials is the hallmark of this boutique choice.
- Urban Residences In the Wiel Arets–designed B-Tower apartment block, the apartments here have full Alessi fitouts.
Accommodations options are limited in Rotterdam, but many travellers can find places to stay on the usual home-sharing services.
Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/the-netherlands/rotterdam#lodgings) Recommendations and bookings.
The following price ranges refer to a double room with bathroom in high season. Unless otherwise stated, breakfast is not included in the price.
€ less than €100
€€€ more than €180
Where to Stay
Most options are located here; close to major musems and public transport hubs.
Parking can be hard to source.
Options here often have water views.
A bit out of the action; bitterly cold winds in winter.
Those options that are here are usually quiet.
Few hotels are found here; removed from main sights.
Great neighbourhood atmosphere; plenty of eating and drinking choices.
No hotels; one slightly dodgy hostel.