When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Everything is open.
- Your best odds of balmy weather to enjoy a café terrace or a countryside bike ride.
- Crowds fill the famous museums.
- Prices peak, book ahead.
Shoulder (Apr & May, Sep & Oct)
- Most sights open.
- Few crowds.
- Prices are moderate; you'll only need to book popular places in Amsterdam.
- Weather can be wet and cold. Bring warm clothes for outdoor cafés.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Many sights outside major cities close.
- It may just be you and a masterpiece at a famous museum.
- Weather can be chilly and/or snowy; biking is only for the hardy.
- Deals abound.