After-dark action scarcely stops in Amsterdam where big concert halls, theatres, cinemas, comedy clubs and other performance venues provide bags of year-round entertainment. Music lovers can gorge on a plethora of live gigs and concerts, while a fervent fringe culture bubbles away beneath the mainstream surface in all genres, jazz, classical, rock and avant-garde beats included. Away from urban centres, an entertainment scene per se is somewhat nonexistent.
- Concertgebouw Amsterdam's world-famous concert hall.
- Bimhuis The country's most important jazz venue.
- Pathé Tuschinskitheater Sumptuous art-deco cinema in Amsterdam.
- Cinema Lumière Offbeat and classic films in a former powerhouse by the water in Maastricht.
- Paard Local institution for live music in Den Haag.