Information from Viator
Explore Holland's oldest city during this private, 3-hour walking tour of Dordrecht. Stroll past the most important historical monuments like the courthouse, the town hall, Our Sweet Lady Church, the main city gate (the “Groothoofdspoort”) and many historical warehouses and former wealthy merchant's homes. Your personal, multilingual guide will reveal the city’s unique character, teach you local history and culture, and give you insider’s tips on the best local restaurants, shops, attractions, activities, and more.
Choose a morning or afternoon departure when you book, then meet your guide at a location of your choosing to start your on-foot exploration of Dordrecht. This private tour is customizable to best suit your interests, so you can see the sights in any order–and at any pace–you like. Walk by the Groothoofdspoort, Dordrecht's city gate, which dates back to the Middle Ages and is located at the crossing of three rivers. Get a close look at the Our Sweet Lady Church, with its unfinished leaning tower, and admire the town hall — built in 1383. Step inside the Van Gijn House, a museum that's preserved the former home of the wealthy banker who once lived and worked in Dordrecht.See a few hidden gems like private patio gardens, explore the city's busy shopping streets, and relax over a coffee break as you get insider's tips from your guide on the best places to eat, places to visit, and things to do during your time visiting Holland's oldest city.
- Private guided tour in chosen language
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Huis Van Gijn
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour