Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/the-netherlands) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
Netherlands Tourism Board (www.holland.com) Attractions, cultural events and practical info.
Dutch News (www.dutchnews.nl) Daily news from the Netherlands in English.
Holland Cycling Routes (www.hollandcyclingroutes.com) Comprehensive cycling information, including maps, route descriptions, rental and repair outlets.
Dutch Review (https://dutchreview.com) Well-written webzine covering Dutch culture, news, food, drink, travel et al.
Expatica (www.expatica.com/nl) Entertaining guide to life in the Netherlands, with daily news and listings.
- Den Haag is a city where many attractions are outside the city centre – be sure to head to the leafy northern neighbourhoods where the Fotomuseum Den Haag, GEM, Gemeentemuseum, Madurodam Panorama Mesdag and Vredespaleis are located.
- If you're strapped for time, purchase a transport day ticket (€6.50) or OV Chipkaart so that you can hop on and off trams to explore.
- When eating and drinking, follow the local lead and head to Denneweg, Javastraat, Noordeinde or canalside Dunne Bierkade.
- Reserve your accommodation well in advance of your visit, as Den Haag's hotels and hostels are often fully booked.
- Take advantage of the museum cafes – there are excellent ones in Mauritshuis, Gemeentemuseum and Fotomuseum Den Haag.