Ignore the drab exterior: 'People's Hotel' has the vibe of an uber-cool media company, with glass-box meeting rooms and lots of bright young things on laptops in the work space. The quirky rooms vary, but all feature designer touches and bold colours. There are hot tubs with fabulous views on the rooftop, and Canvas roof-terrace bar is a city hotspot.
The hotel developed in vintage Amsterdam fashion; squatters took over this former newspaper building and an art community developed. People then started visiting the studios and the improvisational bar-restaurant that sprouted.
Information from Booking.com
Volkshotel is located in the East district of Amsterdam, only 50 metres from metro station Wibautstraat. It offers a vibrant lobby café, a nightly cocktail bar, work places, meeting rooms and a creative hub that includes studios for designers and music producers. The 7th floor features a restaurant with 360º view over Amsterdam. Guests benefit from free WiFi. Each hotel room features a minimalistic décor and private rooms with shared en-suite bathrooms. Flat-screen TVs are available in en-suite rooms. The restaurant serves tasty meals and is also popular among locals. On the rooftop, there’s a mini spa with three hot tubs and a sauna. Next to that the hotel offers yoga, sports classes and a range of cultural events. Volkshotel has a lively night program on weekends. The river Amstel is a 2-minute walk from the Volkshotel, while Oosterpark is 850 metres away. A variety of bars and restaurants can also be found there. The hotel is 1.3 km from De Pijp, 2.2 km from Rembrandtplein and 2.7 km from the museum quarter.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply. If you arrive before 16:00, you can leave your luggage at the reception. Please note that reservations are recommended for the restaurant. Please note Volkshotel Amsterdam does not accept cash payments and you can only pay with major credit and debit cards.
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- First aid kit available
- Internet services
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Wifi available in all areas
- On-site parking
- Property is cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Designated smoking area
- Cashless payment available
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Ticket service
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Family rooms
- Live music/performance
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking rooms
- Hot tub/jacuzzi
Food and drink
- Free WiFi available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business centre
- Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Private parking