As an open-for-business tourist destination, the Bahamas doesn't place undue restrictions on entry and exit to the country.
Visitors to the Bahamas may import the following, without attracting duty or prohibition:
- 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 454 grams of tobacco
- 1.1 liters of spirits or wine
- Unlimited foreign currency
On leaving the Bahamas, it's prohibited to export:
- Manufactured goods of 100 years or older
- More than $200 Bahamian dollars, without Central Bank permission
Residents of the US, Europe and most Commonwealth countries do not need a visa to enter the Bahamas for a 90-day tourist stay.
Everyone needs a passport with at least six months' remaining validity. Remember that it's necessary to have ESTA authorization or a visa to transit through the US.