Information from G Adventures
Get the best of Thailand's culture, sacred sites and beaches on this 18-day adventure. Explore the north’s Golden Triangle and cycle the streets of ancient Sukhothai before heading south for peaceful island beaches. You'll explore the perfect islands and swim in the incredible waters. This trip offers the classic Thai experience—a great combination of must-see highlights and free time to do your own thing.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Chiang Mai Your Discover Moment: Bangkok Your Local Living Moment: Koh Klang Homestay, Ko Klang
- Both itineraries: Klong boat tour (Bangkok)
- Wat Po entrance and guide
- Bicycle trip around historical Sukhothai (half-day)
- Opium Museum entrance (Chiang Rai)
- Elephant Conservation Centre visit
- Doi Suthep temple entrance (Chiang Mai)
- Local khantoke-style meal in Chiang Mai
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- West Coast: Koh Klang village tour
- Local island homestay
- Free time on spectacular beaches
- East Coast: Snorkel trip
- Free time on spectacular beaches
- Explore buddhist temples and palaces
- Relax on a stunning beach
- Snorkel through crystal-clear waters
- Savour a home-cooked khantoke-style meal at a local home in chiang mai
Day 1: Bangkok Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Bangkok/Sukhothai Take a guided longboat tour of Bangkok's klongs and Wat Po before travelling to Sukhothai.
Day 3: Sukhothai Take a half-day guided bike tour of Sukhothai Historical Park and explore the area with some free time.
Day 4: Sukhothai/Lampang Arrive at Lampang in the afternoon, in time for an optional traditional horse cart ride through town.
Day 5: Lampang/Chiang Rai Visit the Elephant Conservation Centre before continuing on to the Golden Triangle.
Day 6: Chiang Rai Visit the town of Mai Sai and the Opium Museum.
Day 7: Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai Travel to Chiang Mai and take a guided tour of Doi Suthep temple.
Day 8: Chiang Mai Enjoy free time to explore Chiang Mai. Opt for a bicycle tour, a visit the Mae Sa waterfall, shopping at the night market, or getting a traditional Thai massage. Learn about Thai cuisine with an included local market tour and cooking class, feasting on the results.
Day 9: Chiang Mai/Bangkok Explore more of Chiang Mai before taking an overnight train to Bangkok.
Day 10: Bangkok Head out and explore all you can in this sprawling city.
Day 11: Bangkok/Ko Klang After a short flight to Krabi, head to a homestay on Koh Klang. Visit a local government-supported project to help build local communities, then relax and soak in the southern Thai culture.
Day 12: Ko Klang/Krabi Travel by private boat to Ao Nang beach. From here, opt to sunbathe, kayak, snorkel, or dive. In the evening, enjoy the bars and restaurants in the area.
Day 13: Krabi Spend the day in Krabi, exploring all the area has to offer.
Day 14: Krabi/Railay Beach Stay one night in a guesthouse on Railay Beach. This area boasts plenty of activities such as sea kayaking, diving, snorkelling, jungle trekking, cooking, whitewater rafting and quad biking. Feel free to lounge on the beach, too.
Day 15: Railay Beach/Koh Lanta Travel to Koh Lanta. Enjoy two days on one of the more tranquil beaches in the area. Opt to relax, snorkel or explore.
Day 16: Koh Lanta Spend the day on Koh Lanta. Opt for a day trip to nearby Koh Rok.
Day 17: Koh Lanta/Krabi After a lazy beach morning, transfer to the train station for an overnight train to Bangkok.
Day 18: Bangkok Arrive at Bangkok station in the morning. Trip ends on arrival.