Information from G Adventures
Find a part of yourself you didn't know existed on this 12-day tour that begins in the hills around beloved Chiang Mai. Trek through the hills, making genuine connections with the region's hilltribes before heading on to Chiang Rai and further south. Explore golden temples and remote villages of Northern Thailand before ending up in bustling Bangkok. This is so much more than a trip; it's a spiritually transformative experience.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Chiang Mai Your Local Living Moment: Village Homestay, Lampang
- Trek to remote hilltribe villages (3 days)
- Lod Cave visit and bamboo rafting
- Mae Sa visit (Chiang Rai)
- Opium Museum visit
- Bicycle tour (half-day, Sukhothai)
- All transport to/from included activities and between all destinations
- Explore the vibrant colours of chiang mai
- Trek through remote northern thailand
- Learn about local crafts and bush medicine
- Experience the 13th-century ruins of sukhothai historical park from the seat of a bike
- Get inspired with a local cooking class.
Day 1: Chiang Mai Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Chiang Mai/Ban Pha Mon Drive from Chiang Mai to the trailhead. Trek through farmland and bamboo and teak forests. Learn about bush food and medicinal plants. Enjoy lunch en route before continuing through rice fields and valleys to reach the first village of a Lahu tribe. Assist with food prep and cooking, learn about weaving and embroidery or check out a local Lahu massage.
Day 3: Ban Pha Mon/Ban Muang Pam Trek between villages, over farmlands and grasslands, and ascend to the ridge line. Learn about bush medicine and seasonal fruits as you make your way to the lunch stop. Go for a swim and help the local guides prepare lunch. Continue on to the Karen village and spend the night. Opt to learn about medicine from a shaman or play football with the locals.
Day 4: Ban Muang Pam/Chiang Mai After breakfast, leave the village and continue on, stopping at other villages along the way. Arrive at Tham Lod, a 1666m deep cave. Enter by bamboo raft and move to different chambers - a truly unique experience. After lunch, drive back to Chiang Mai for some free time to explore.
Day 5: Chiang Mai Enjoy free time to explore Chiang Mai. Opt for a bicycle tour, a visit the Mae Sai waterfall, shopping at the night market, or getting a traditional Thai massage. Enjoy a local cooking class with dinner.
Day 6: Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai Travel to Chiang Rai and start exploring.
Day 7: Chiang Rai Visit the town of Mae Sai and the Opium Museum.
Day 8: Chiang Rai/Lampang Continue on to Lampang and enjoy a homestay in a traditional Lanna village. Participate in craft demonstrations and opt to help prepare a local meal.
Day 9: Lampang/Sukhothai Take in traditional morning activities, followed by lunch in the village. Travel to Sukhothai and enjoy a free afternoon.
Day 10: Sukhothai Take a half-day guided bike tour of Sukhothai Historical Park and explore the area with some free time.
Day 11: Sukhothai/Bangkok Travel to Bangkok and enjoy some time for last minute shopping.
Day 12: Bangkok Depart at any time.