Information from G Adventures
Don't just visit Thailand; find yourself on a once-in-a-lifetime, genuine cultural experience you'll talk about forever. This 10-day adventure throughout northern Thailand will give you amazing stories to share. Explore the ruins of the former Thai capital city of Ayutthaya, spend a night in a floating rafthouse, and take a local train up to vibrant and unforgettable Chiang Mai to trek into the hills surrounding the city. Get to know the people of the hilltribes who don't often get to meet travellers. This immersive experience will take you back to a simpler time that you might not want to leave.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Pha Mon Homestay, Ban Pha Mon Your G for Good Moment: Ban Muang Pam Homestay, Ban Muang Pam Your G for Good Moment: Ban Jabo Homestay, Ban Jabo Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi
- Klong riverboat tour (Bangkok)
- Wat Po visit
- Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi)
- Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya)
- Thai Burma Railway Centre visit
- Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai)
- Trek to remote hilltribe villages (3 days)
- Lod Cave visit and bamboo rafting
- Prehistoric coffin cave visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore magnificent temples and palaces
- Sleep in a floating rafthouse
- Swim in the turquoise pools of erawan falls
- Trek through remote northern thailand and stay with the friendly locals
Day 1: Bangkok Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Bangkok/Kanchanaburi Enjoy a klong boat tour of Bangkok including a visit to Wat Pho. Travel to Kanchanaburi and head to your floating rafthouse accommodation. Enjoy free time to explore.
Day 3: Kanchanaburi Enjoy a day of sightseeing at Erawan Falls and the Bridge on the River Kwai.
Day 4: Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya Explore the Allied War Cemetery and the Thai-Burmese Railway Centre to learn more about the area's history. Travel to Ayutthaya and visit the historical sites of the old capital city. Opt to visit Chan Kasem National Museum and Chao Sam Phraya Museum.
Day 5: Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai Spend a full day exploring Ayutthaya before boarding an overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Day 6: Chiang Mai Arrive in Chiang Mai and explore the city. Visit Doi Suthep in the afternoon.
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Ban Pha Mon Drive from Chiang Mai to the trailhead. Trek through farmland and bamboo and teak forests. Learn about bush food and medicinal plants. Enjoy lunch en route before continuing through rice fields and valleys to reach the first village of a Lahu tribe. Assist with food prep and cooking, or check out a local Lahu massage.
Day 8: Ban Pha Mon/Ban Muang Pam Trek between villages, over farmlands and grasslands, and ascend to the ridge line. Learn about bush medicine and seasonal fruits as you make your way to the lunch stop. Go for a swim and help the local guides prepare lunch. Continue on to the Karen village and spend the night. Opt to learn about medicine from a shaman or play football with the locals.
Day 9: Ban Muang Pam/Ban Jabo After breakfast, leave the village and continue on, trekking beside the Pam River through lush jungle. Arrive at Tham Lod, a 1666m deep cave. Enter by bamboo raft and move to different chambers - a truly unique experience. Following the cave visit and lunch travel to Ban Jabo, a Black Lahu village. Learn about the Lahu culture, try out some traditional activities, and lend a hand making dinner using regional products and cooking methods.
Day 10: Ban Jabo/Chiang Mai Following breakfast, bid farewell to your hosts and return by private van to Chiang Mai, arriving at approximately 3pm. Tour ends on arrival.