- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Thailand.
There has been frustration expressed about the number of similar questions being asked about onward ticket complications. The idea of this thread is that it might be a one stop shop for all the common questions so in future a link might be given to it rather than having to write the same info again and again-
How do I know the info already on Thorntree about this is still current ?
The basic issues about onward tickets have changed little in the last 25 years or more. When there are any…
Its been about 12 years since I was here last - got a couple of questions!
- What is the best way to fly from Chiang Mai to Elephant Hills | Khao Sok? Is it into Phuket and then transfer from Phuket.....into the Park?
- What is the best way (quickest but not necessarily cheapest) to get from Khao Sok to either (a) The Trang Islands and (b) Ko Kut. Could you give indications of travel times (quickest).
I would like to see what options are open to me as per above
Hi, we're looking for a good beach side resort where we can simply snorkel from the beach and hopefully with coral, has some local culture and some good day trips and resort diving. Family friendly would be good for two adults and two older teenage children. Good food also welcome. Timing in early December for two weeks. Accessible from either Gold Coast or Brisbane (Australia). Thanks all!
Hi all - I'm in Ao Nang in Krabi and shattered the screen on my iPhone 7. Does anyone know of a good way to get the screen replaced? Any reputable shops in Krabi? I have heard there are many places in Bangkok and there may be options in Phuket, but I am hoping to find something near here.
I will be travelling in Thailand throughout the month of June and am deciding which islands will be best for me to visit. I would like to travel to Ko Kut but have heard that during the low tourist season much of the island shuts down. I am looking for inofrmation on budget accommodation on the beach and transport to the island. I am just trying to figure out if there is much open in terms of budget accommodation and if boats to the island are still operational (I have read there is less…
I am going to Thailand for around 27 days at the end of May to end of june. I arrive in Bangkok, going to visit a friend in ko chang but also want to see chang mai and possibly ko phi phi. Is this worth it or would I feel rushed?
i’ve friend who’s planning about 17 days in the Phuket, Krabi and Islands area in January 2019. He has a young son 5 y.o and his wife, Europeans. They have a good budget for resort accommodation.
They were thinking about Phuket and Phi but ages since i’ve been to either. I didn’t think Patong was suitable for a family, is that still the case? They could stay at Karon or Kata Beach is there much to do in the evening there? (without all the girly bars, obviously) What about Phi Phi? Last time I…
I would be travelling to Pattaya for 4 days from 25th to 28th April. I am interested in exploring 2-3 islands/beaches.
Would appreciate if someone can recommend the same.
Also, since I am travelling alone would be happy to catch up if someone happens to be in Pattaya around that time.