Information from G Adventures
Past meets present in this fast-paced adventure that takes you from Bangkok to Hanoi and just about everywhere in between. With a busy culture richly steeped in tradition, there's always something to see or do on this journey through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, be it witnessing the daily rituals of monks, participating in an authentic Thai cooking class or taking cyclo rides through impossibly busy city streets. A series of included flights lets us cover more ground and take you on a whirlwind throughout Southeast Asia. Make sure you stay up late for the night markets, too!
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Traditional Thai Guesthouse & Home Dinner, Chiang Mai Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Lunch at Hoa Sua, Hanoi Your G for Good Moment: New Hope Vocational Training Restaurant, Siem Reap Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Chiang Mai Your Discover Moment: Luang Prabang
- Arrival transfer
- Tour of Bankok including boat on the Klong canals, the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew temple
- Visit Doi Suthep Buddhist Temple visit
- Rural village visit with authentic khantoke dinner in a local family's home
- Thai cooking class with market visit
- Orientation walk of Chiang Mai night market
- Tour of Luang Prabang, including the Laos Royal Palace Museum, Wat Xiengthong and Wat Visoun temples, and sunset on Phuosi Hill
- Boat tour to Pak Ou Temple caves and local village visits
- Observe a Laos sunrise Buddhist ritual
- Kuang Sii waterfall excursion
- Hanoi old town cyclo tour with lunch at a local training restaurant
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum visit
- Halong Bay traditional boat with cave and island tour
- Ho Chi Minh City cyclo tour
- Cu Chi tunnels tour
- Phnom Penh cyclo tour
- Tuol Sleng Prison Museum tour and Choeung Ek memorial (the Killing Fields) tour
- Siem Reap orientation walk and night market
- 2-day guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex
- Visit and lunch at New Hope (a G Adventures-supported project)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Enjoy a traditional khantoke dinner in a rural village
- Observe the daily life of monks and visit sacred temples
- Learn about cambodian history (both ancient and modern)
- Take thrilling cyclo rides for a different perspective in bustling cities
- Eat well while giving back at a g adventures-supported training restaurant in siem reap
Day 1: Bangkok Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Bangkok/Chiang Mai Explore Bangkok and take a boat along the klong canals. Visit the Grand Palace and sacred Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew temple. Later, catch a flight to Chiang Mai.
Day 3: Chiang Mai Visit the market with a local chef to learn about traditional ingredients. Participate in a Thai cooking class and enjoy your creations for lunch. Visit the Doi Suthep Buddhist temple and listen to monks chanting at sunset. Opt to visit the bustling Chiang Mai night market.
Day 4: Chiang Mai Today, explore Chiang Mai with some free time. Savour authentic khantoke cuisine this evening.
Day 5: Chiang Mai/Luang Prabang After a relaxing morning fly to Luang Prabang, Laos. Take an orientation walk of this World Heritage listed town.
Day 6: Luang Prabang Rise at dawn to watch the monks collecting offerings of food from the locals and receive a blessing. In the afternoon, visit the Royal Palace Museum, Wat Xiengthong and Wat Visoun Temples, then catch a boat to Pak Ou Temple caves and stop in local villages. Visit Phousi Temple to watch the sunset.
Day 7: Luang Prabang The morning is free for optional activities, such as visiting textile galleries and the night market, relaxing in one of the town's cafés or visiting the Ethnology Museum. In the afternoon, we take an excursion to Kuang Sii waterfall.
Day 8: Luang Prabang/Hanoi Flight to Hanoi. Guided cyclo ride and orientation tour of the Old Quarter and enjoy lunch at an NGO and training school for disadvantaged youth.
Day 9: Hanoi/Ha Long Visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, then continue to Halong Bay for an overnight cruise in a traditional junk boat with a local guide. Explore the limestone caves around the bay, enjoy sumptuous local seafood and relax on deck with a cool drink while watching the passing scenery.
Day 10: Ha Long/Hanoi Enjoy a morning cruise around Halong Bay with an option to kayak before transferring back to Hanoi. Take the afternoon at leisure to visit local markets, shops and museums.
Day 11: Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City Catch our flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam and take a thrilling cyclo tour of this bustling city.
Day 12: Ho Chi Minh City Take a guided tour of the infamous Cu Chi tunnels, legendary for the vital part they played during the Vietnam War.
Day 13: Ho Chi Minh City/Phnom Penh Flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Take an NGO-supported cyclo city tour along the waterfront and key city sights, with option to visit the famous Foreign Correspondents club for sunset drinks.
Day 14: Phnom Penh Explore recent history with a local expert guide, including Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and Choeung Ek (the Killing Fields).
Day 15: Phnom Penh/Siem Reap Drive to Siem Reap, Cambodia and take an orientation walk through the entertainment district and visit the exciting night market.
Day 16: Siem Reap Spend two days exploring the ruins of the Angkor Wat temple complex with a local expert guide. Also experience a Khmer lunch at New Hope, a local training school and G Adventures-supported project.
Day 17: Siem Reap We continue to explore the ancient capital of Angkor Wat. Option to visit Angkor National Museum and Tonle Sap floating village.
Day 18: Siem Reap Depart at any time.