Drinking & Nightlife
- WTF A sophisticated yet friendly local boozer.
- Q&A Bar Creative cocktails in a slick setting.
- Moon Bar Casual ambience and stunning views make this our favourite of Bangkok's original rooftop bars.
- DJ Station One of the most legendary gay dance clubs in Bangkok – if not Asia.
- Smalls An eclectic interior and fun events make this one of our favorite bars in town.
- Beam Bangkok's It Club – for the moment, at least.
Bars for Cocktails
- Sugar Ray Some of Bangkok's wackiest – and tastiest – cocktails.
- Vesper One of the best places in town to sip the standards.
- J. Boroski Mixology Leave it to the creative barkeeps here to concoct your drink on the spot.
- Ku Bar Edgy cocktails in an even edgier locale.
- Tep Bar Cocktails with unique Thai touches.
Bars for Chilling Out
Bars with Food
- Tuba Full-flavoured bar snacks that span from Isan (northeastern Thailand) to Italy.
- Mikkeller Craft beers and clever bites.
- Madame Musur Singha almost tastes good when coupled with the northern-Thai-style dishes here.
- Badmotel Quirky twists on Thai and international dishes.
- Hair of the Dog Couple your draught cider with a hearty plate of poutine (chips and gravy).
Bars with Views
- Roof Incomparable views of the river and Wat Arun.
- A R Sutton & Co Engineers Siam One of the most unique interiors of any bar in Bangkok.
- Long Table Boasting a bird's-eye view of one of the city's busiest intersections.
- Above 11 Rise above it all at this lofty Th Sukhumvit bar.
- Sky On 20 With views over some of central Bangkok's biggest green areas.
- Studio Lam The themed DJ nights here are some of the best fun in town.
- Route 66 Join the throngs at this long-standing megaclub.
- Glow The destination in town for EDM snobs.
- Sing Sing Theater Tiny dance floor, big fun.
- The Club Dance with a virtual UN of partiers at this Th Khao San–based disco.
- Demo Where the Thais go to shake.
Late-Night Bars & Clubs
- Wong’s Place Open from midnight until the last punter crawls out.
- The Bank Puff on shisha or dance into the wee hours on Th Khao San.
- Narz With three vast zones to keep clubbers raving till dawn.
- Levels When most Soi 11 bars begin to close, this club heats up.
- Mixx Basement-level late-night disco.
- Scratch Dog For when closing times trump quality music.
- Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi Romantic riverside sipping.
- Banglamphu Rowdy Th Khao San is one of the city’s best areas for a night out.
- Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi Bangkok’s most central zone is home to a scant handful of bars.
- Riverside, Silom & Lumphini Bangkok’s gaybourhood has fun bars and dance clubs open to all comers.
- Sukhumvit This long street is home to Bangkok’s most sophisticated bars and clubs.
- Northern Bangkok Suburban RCA/Royal City Ave is the city’s best clubbing strip; good live-music venues dot other regions.