*Updated 6th August 2018*
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Inc of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California, 94607, United States of America (“Lonely Planet”) is the promotor. Our friends over at at Adirondacks, USA of 2608 Main St., Lake Placid, New York 12946 AND Hotel Saranac of 100 Main Street, Saranac Lake, New York 12983 AND Great Camp Sagamore of 1105 Sagamore Road, Raquette Lake, New York 13436 AND The Wild Center of 45 Museum Drive, Tupper Lake, New York 12986 AND High Falls Gorge of 4761 NYS Route 86, Wilmington, New York 12997 AND Olympic Regional Development Authority of 2634 Main St., Lake Placid, New York 12946 AND Experience Outdoors of 4948 Cascade Road, Lake Placid, New York 12946 AND Adirondac Rafting Co. of 100 W. Main St., Indian Lake, NY 12842 AND Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake of 9097 NY – 30 Blue Mountain Lake, New York 12812 are the promotional partners.
2. You can enter between on August 10 2018, 12:00 midday CDT (“Opening Date”) AND October 30 2018, 23:59 CDT (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over who are residents of the United States of America, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page lptravel.to/Adirondacks, so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, USA.
7. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details
8. To enter, go to lptravel.to/Adirondacks and complete the entry form including your first and last name and email address. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work.
9. You can only enter once ‑ we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
10. One first prize winner will receive:
a. Accommodation for two (2) nights for two (2) people (winner and guest) at Hotel Saranac provided by Hotel Saranac – approximate retail value $300 USD.
b. Accommodation for two (2) nights for two (2) people (winner and guest) at Great Camp Sagamore provided by Great Camp Sagamore – approximate retail value $796 USD.
c. Two (2) One-time Admissions to experience the Olympic venues provided by Olympic Regional Development Authority – approximate retail value $44 USD. You’ll also receive 20% off cross country mountain bike rentals (summer), extreme tubing (summer), guided hiking tour up Whiteface Mountain (summer), yoga on Whiteface Mountain (summer), 4x4 expedition (summer), Adventure Zone at Whiteface (summer), be a biathlete (summer), discover cross country (winter), skeleton experience (winter), bobsled experience (year-round), and luge experience (winter). – approximate retail value $70 USD.
d. Admission for two (2) to High Falls Gorge – approximate retail value $50 USD.
e. Zip-line tour for two (2) provided by Experience Outdoors – approximate retail value $100 USD.
f. Admission for two (2) to The Wild Center – approximate retail value $44 USD.
g. All-day whitewater rafting trip for two (2) on the Hudson River Gorge provided by Adirondac Rafting Company. Rafters must be 8 years of age or older. – approximate retail value $178 USD.
h. Two (2) 1-day adult passes to the Adirondack Experience at The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake – approximate retail value $40 USD.
i. A $100 USD gift certificate to Lonely Planet Shop.
All travel must be completed by November 9, 2019.
Total prize value is approximately $1700.00 USD. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
How is the winner chosen?
11. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
12. The random draw will happen in a small, dark room at 230 Franklin Road, Building 2B, Franklin TN 37064 by 5:00p.m. CDT on November 9, 2018. No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
14. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by February 9, 2019, the next best entry will be declared winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
15. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
16. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
17. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description. Winners are required to complete and submit a W-9 form to Lonely Planet prior to delivery of a prize.
18. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
19. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use http://www.adirondacksusa.com/privacy-policy. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
20. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
21. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes related to this competition unless you tell us not to.
22. Your personal information will be used by the promotional partners as follows: