*The winner of this competition is has now been chosen. Congratulations to Lauren Slowik!*
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Inc. of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California, 94607, United States of America (“Lonely Planet”) is the promoter. Our friends over at Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. (“Hawaiian Airlines”) of P.O. Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820 and Glamping Hub USA of 990 S. Broadway, Denver, CO, 80209 are the promotional partners.
2. You can enter between on May 10th, 2018 at 9:00am CST (“Opening Date”) AND July 12th, 2018 at 11:59pm CST (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, Hawaiian Airlines, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page https://www.lonelyplanet.com/usmagazine#competition so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, USA.
7. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
By participating in this competition, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless Hawaiian Airlines, its agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury, and/or death which may occur in connection with travel to, or participation in this competition, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Hawaiian Airlines is not responsible if competition cannot take place or must be suspended, or if prizes cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Hawaiian Airlines’ control.
How to enter and prize details
8. To enter, go to https://www.lonelyplanet.com/usmagazine#competition and complete the entry form. You don’t have to buy anything to enter.
9. You can only enter once - we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s or Hawaiian Airlines’ fault.
10. One first prize winner will receive a ‘trip for two’ to Hawaii. Prize includes the following, for two (2) adults:
· 1 x 120,000 HawaiianMiles Award Certificate, which at the time of this sweepstakes is sufficient for air travel for two (2) Hawaiian Airlines round-trip coach class between any Hawaiian Airlines North American gateway city and Hawaii. If the prize winner is from another city it will be their responsibility (including costs) to get to a Hawaiian Airlines gateway city listed below. To claim prize, winners must be members of the HawaiianMiles program (https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/my-account/join-hawaiianmiles).HawaiianMiles membership is free. Redemption and use of complimentary award miles for travel are wholly subject to terms and conditions of the HawaiianMiles Program. Travel award redemptions are based on space availability (i.e., the number of seats allocated on any given flight for passengers using HawaiianMiles to pay for their travel.) Additional miles may be required if the award level is not available for the desired flights. Awarded HawaiianMiles shall expire in accordance with the HawaiianMiles rules, terms and conditions (provided by Hawaiian Airlines - approximate retail value of the air travel is $3,552.00 USD).
● 1 x voucher to purchase accommodation on GlampingHub.com (provided by Glamping Hub – approximate retail value is $1,500.00 USD).
● 2 x Atlantis Submarines (https://atlantisadventures.com/submarines) complimentary tickets for Hawaii locations only, Waikiki, Lahaina or Kona The comp cards will expire on July, 12th 2019; reservations by telephone: 1-800-548-6262 (provided by Hawaiian Airlines - approximate retail value is $277.88 USD).
● 1 x gift certificate for Kualoa Ranch Private Nature Reserve (http://www.kualoa.com/) redeemable for 2 (two) guests on the Jurassic Valley Zipline AND the Premier Movie Site Tour (English language only) including lunch for two (provided by Kualoa Ranch approximate retail value is $600.00 USD).
● 1 x gift certificate for brunch at Koko Head café of 1145c 12th Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816 http://kokoheadcafe.com/. Winner must book at least 30 days in advance (provided by Hawaiian Airlines - approximate retail value is $100.00 USD).
● 1 x one-year subscription to Lonely Planet’s magazine (US edition) (provided by Lonely Planet - approximate retail value is $18.00 USD).
● 1 x copy of each of the following travel guides (provided by Lonely Planet - approximate retail value is $71.97USD):
o Discover Hawaii, 1st edition, Lonely Planet, 2017
o Honolulu, Waikiki and O’ahu, 5th edition, Lonely Planet, 2017
o Experience the USA, 1st edition, Lonely Planet, 2018
Accommodation requires the winner and guest to share the same travel itinerary and requires 60 days advance booking, subject to availability. For the activities, reservations are required and based on space availability.
Total prize value is approximately $6,120.00 USD. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
How is the winner chosen?
11. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
12. The random draw will happen in a small, dark room at 124 Linden Street, Oakland, CA 94607, on July 16th, 2018. No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email and their name(s) will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
14. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by August 13th, 2018 the next entry will be randomly selected and declared winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
15. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
16. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, transfer the prize to another individual, replace the prize, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
17. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description. Winners are required to complete and submit a W-9 form to Lonely Planet prior to delivery of a prize.
18. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
19. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use including the HawaiianMiles Terms & Conditions (https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/my-account/join-hawaiianmiles) and Glamping Hub’s Terms & Conditions (https://glampinghub.com/terms-and-conditions/). Of course, if you win a prize, you shall comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet and Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
20. You agree that if you have a dispute with Lonely Planet in relation to this sweepstake or any prize awarded: (1) it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim will be limited to an action at law for damages and you will not be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and your right to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
21. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
22. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable license to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the Win a trip to Hawaii competition. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
23. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can disclose your identity and other personal information as provided to Lonely Planet upon a request as contemplated in Section 13 above, use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.