Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of The Malt Store, Level 3, 551 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia (“Lonely Planet”) is the promotor. Leading Edge of Level 2, 72 Archer Street, CHATSWOOD NSW, 2067 is the promotional partner.
2. You can enter between 9:00 am AEDT on 26th February 2018 (“Opening Date”) AND 23:59 pm AEDT on 30th March 2018 (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open residents of Australia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page: http://lptravel.to/italy comp, so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of Australia.
7. (a) This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition.
(b) You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
(c) This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details
8. To enter this competition eligible entrants must, during the promotional period:
i. purchase any Lonely Planet product from a Leading Edge store and
ii. go to lptravel.to/italycomp, follow the prompts to the online entry form, enter all the requested details including the receipt number, your answer to the question “tell us about your ultimate Italian experience” in 25 words or less - and submit the fully completed entry form.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work.
9. You can enter as many times as you like, but only one entry per purchase. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
10. One first prize winner will receive: one ‘Flight Centre’ voucher for flights and accommodation to Italy, up to the maximum value of $5,000.00 AUD. The Flight Centre gift voucher is valid until the date specified on the voucher and must be used in one trip (prize provided by Lonely Planet).
Total prize value is approximately AU$5,000.00. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
How is the winner chosen?
11. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected: by a panel of 3 judges, comprising Lonely Planet staff, who will review all eligible entries and decide the best overall winner.
12. The task of selecting the winner(s) will happen in a small, dark room at The Malt Store, Level 3, 551 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia on 6 April 2018 No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by telephone or email and their name(s) will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
14. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by 6 July 2018 the next best entry will be declared winner announced (subject to regulatory approval). Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
15. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
16. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
17. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description.
18. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
19. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use including the Flight Centre’s Terms & Conditions here: https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
20. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
21. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the ‘Win a trip to Italy’ competition. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
22. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.