Lonely Planet & G Adventures Wonders of the World Competition Terms and Conditions
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of The Malt Store, Level 3, 551 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia (“Lonely Planet”) is the promotor. Our friends over at G Adventures Pty Ltd of The Outpost, Level 3, 419 Collins Street, Melbourne Vic 3000 (44 122 417 298) is the promotional partner.
2. You can enter between 1 November 2019, 00:01 AEST (“Opening Date”) AND 31 January 2020, 23:59 AEST(“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open to legal residents of Australia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page lptravel.to/AG-win-a-stargazing- trip, so you should check this page regularly.
or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook or Instagram, and you completely release Facebook and Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
8. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
9. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your
information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details
10. To enter, simply make a purchase of Lonely Planet’s Wonders of the World (ISBN 9781788682329) in any bookstore store or book retailer. Then go to lptravel.to/wonders, and complete the entry form. You will need to provide your receipt number or order confirmation number when entering. You can enter only once per purchase. Your purchase must be made within the competition dates 1 November 2019, 00:01 AEST (“Opening Date”) AND 31 January 2020, 23:59 AEST(“Closing Date”). Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 or above.
11. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
One first prize winner will receive:
A. A choice of one tour for two people from three options:
o INDIA – The Golden Triangle (https://www.gadventures.com/trips/golden- triangle/AHGT/?ref=asearch) provided by G Adventures – approximate value AUD$2158pp
o VIETNAM – Classic Vietnam Tour (https://www.gadventures.com/trips/classic-vietnam-hanoi-to- ho-chi-minh-city/AVCH/?ref=asearch) provided by G Adventures – approximate value AUD$2838pp
o CHINA – China Express (https://www.gadventures.com/trips/china- express/ACCR/?ref=asearch)
provided by G Adventures – approximate value AUD$3798pp.
B. Return flights from the nearest international airport to the winner’s home town to the selected tour destination to a maximum value of AUD$2000 per person (provided by G Adventures).
Total prize value is approximately AU$7798. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
The winner and guest must share the same travel itinerary. The tour and accommodation must be taken in one trip. Travel must be booked by 1 March 2020 and must depart by Tuesday 15 December 2020. Departure of tour is only guaranteed where a minimum of four paying passengers are confirmed on the same tour. Prize is subject to G Adventures’ booking terms and conditions here: https://www.gadventures.com/terms-conditions/.
Please see further terms applying to the Prize under “If You Do Win” below.
How is the winner chosen?
12. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges who will review all eligible entries and, from a shortlist of entries, decide the best overall winner.
13. The task of selecting the winner(s) will happen in a small, dark room at Lonely Planet, The Malt Store Level 3 551 Swanston St Carlton, VIC 3053 Australia, on Monday 10 February 2020. No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
14. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email and their name(s) will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
15. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by 10 April 2020, the next best entry will be declared winner announced (subject to regulatory approval). Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
16. Prize applies to the listed itinerary only and excludes optional or additional services such as transfers, pre- or post-tour accommodation, “My Own Room” or “My Own Tent,” insurance, amendments, and all incidentals,
meals, gratuities, taxes, fees, levies, and transportation not expressly included in the itinerary.
• is subject to availability,
• is valid on new bookings only,
• may not be combined with any other offer or discount,
• has no cash value, is not transferrable to another person,
• is not eligible for “Lifetime Deposit” nor “Guaranteed Departure,” and • cannot be exchanged by the Winner
18. Winner must contact G Adventures directly by phone and/or email to book their prize tour, and G Adventures must agree to the chosen departure dates and the prize may be substituted for a prize of comparable value by G Adventures’ in its sole discretion. Subjecting to licensing approval.
19. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
20. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
21. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance and any other expenses such as the cost of vaccinations, or fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description. Please note that mandatory medical insurance, at the cost of the Winner and any guest(s), is required for participation.
22. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
23. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use ( https://www.gadventures.com/terms-conditions/). Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
24. The nature of travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered. You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Neither Lonely Planet nor G Adventures are responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
What happens to my entry?
25. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the LONELY PLANET & G ADVENTURES. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
26. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.