Last updated 18th December 2018
The winner of this competition has now been chosen and notified. The winner is Nick Williams from Australia.
Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
1. Lonely Planet Publications Pty Limited (ABN 36 005 607 983) of The Malt Store, Level 3, 551 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia (“Lonely Planet”) is the promotor.
Our friends over at Vinomofo Pty Ltd t/a Vinomofo of Tenancy 4, Level 2, 6 Palmer Parade, Cremorne, VIC 3121, Australia (“Vinomofo”); AND Millbrook Resort of 1124 Malaghans Road, Arrowtown, 9371 New Zealand (“Millbrook Resort”); AND Akarua of 265 Arrowtown - Lake Hayes Road, Arrowtown 9371, Amisfield of 10 Lake Hayes Road, RD 1, Queenstown 9371 PO Box 133, Arrowtown 9351 New Zealand (“Akarua”); AND Carrick Wines Ltd of 247 Cairnmuir Road RD2, Bannockburn Central Otago 9384 New Zealand (“Carrick Wines”); Wild Earth Wines of Wild Earth Wines 803 Kawarau Gorge Road State Highway 6, Cromwell, New Zealand (“Wild Earth Wines”); AND Mt Difficulty of 73 Felton Road, Bannockburn Cromwell 9384, Central Otago, New Zealand (“Mt Difficulty”) are the promotional partners.
2. You can enter between 14 November 2018, 00:01 AEST (“Opening Date”) AND 13 December 2018, 23:59pm AEST (“Closing Date”).
3. This competition is open to legal residents of Australia aged 18 or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
4. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
5. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page http://lptravel.to/vinomofo-comp, so you should check this page regularly.
6. These terms are governed by the laws of Australia.
7. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details
8. To enter, go to http://lptravel.to/vinomofo-comp, complete the entry form and tell us in 25 words or less why you would like to experience the Central Otago wine trail. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work.
9. You can only enter once ‑ we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
10. 1 x first prize winner will receive the following:
a) 1 x trip for two people (winner and guest) to New Zealand, including:
i. 1 x Flight Centre Travel voucher towards flights to/from New Zealand (provided by Lonely Planet – approximate value AUD $5.000.00);
ii. 1 x ‘Millbrook Escape’ for two people, including:
· accommodation for 4 nights in a Deluxe Studio room and buffet breakfast in the Clubhouse daily;
· $200.00 resort credit towards any dinners at Millbrook’s restaurants or resort outlets;
· access to the Health & Fitness Centre, including daily fitness classes, the indoor swimming pool, hot pools and saunas; and
· shuttle services to Arrowtown and Central Queenstown.
(provided by Millbrook Resort – approximate value AUD $1,392.43/ NZD $1,498.00)
iii. 1 x Mastercard Gift Card towards ground transport (provided by Lonely Planet – approximate value of AUD $500.00);
iv. The following activities:
· 1 x gift voucher towards a wine/food experience at Akarua Wines and Kitchen by Artisan (https://akaruaandartisan.co.nz/) (provided by Akarua – approximate value AUD $186.00/ NZD $200.00).
Winner must phone +64 3-442 1090 to redeem voucher and make a reservation in advance during opening hours: 9am – 5pm: 7 days a week. Cellar door opening hours: 11am – 5pm: 7 days a week.
· 1 x gift voucher towards a wine/food experience at Amisfield (https://amisfield.co.nz/) (provided by Amisfield – approximate value AUD $275.00 / NZD $300.00).
Winner must phone +64 3-442 0556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem voucher and must make a reservation in advance. Open 7 days (Closed Christmas and Boxing Day). BISTRO: Lunch - 12pm to 3pm. Last seating at 2.45pm. Dinner - 5pm to 8pm. Seating times are 5pm, 5.15pm and 5.30pm. Allow 2 - 3 hours. CELLAR DOOR; 10am to 6pm. Amisfield require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any cancellations or reduction in numbers. Failure to do so will mean that the winner forfeits use of the voucher on another date. Outside of this time frame the voucher may still be redeemed by the winner. Amisfield will always try their best to accommodate any changes to your reservation but please be aware that they can only guarantee your booking if the amount of people, time and date of the table remain the same. Amisfield do not offer any reduction in either menu size or price for children for the dinner service. Please note it is strictly one bill per table
· 1 x gift voucher towards a wine/food experience at Carrick (https://www.carrick.co.nz/) (provided by Carrick Wines Ltd – approximate value AUD $185.00 / NZD $200.00).
Phone 03 445 4380 (+6434453480) or email email@example.com to redeem the voucher and make a reservation in advance. Restaurant opening hours: 11am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
· 2 x Wild Earth Wines ‘The Oak Stave wine tasting’ experiences (provided by Wild Earth Wines – approximate total value AUD $107.00 / NZD $115.00).
Phone +64 3 445 4841 to redeem and make a reservation. Bookings essential. Regular opening hours kitchen 11am-3pm. Cellar Door 10 am – 5pm. Subject to change in Winter months. Closed Christmas (25 & 26 December), New Years Day (1 January). Valid until 31 December 2019.
· 1 x Mt Difficulty gift voucher towards a food and wine experience at Mt Difficulty (www.mtdifficulty.nz) (provided by Mt Difficulty – approximate value AUD $235.00 / NZD $250.00).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem voucher and a booking of at least six weeks in advance is recommended. The itinerary requires an 11am arrival to allow for the tour and wine tasting before lunch. The tour portion of the package is conditional upon a guide being available on the day of the visit, and is only available on weekdays. If the visit must occur on a weekend, then the prize will consist of lunch and private tasting only. The experience will include a tour, a private tasting and a two course lunch for two people, including a bottle of current vintage Mt Difficulty Bannockburn wine. The Tasting Room is open 7 days 10.30am - 4.30pm and in summer months, open 7 days 10.30am - 5.30pm from Christmas ‘til Easter. The Winery Restaurant is open 7 days 12pm - 3.30pm, with platters available 11am - 4pm (5pm in summer). Mt Difficulty is closed: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, ANZAC day, Christmas Eve through to boxing day (24th - 26th). Mt Difficulty: 73 Felton Road, Bannockburn, Cromwell 9384, New Zealand.
The winner and guest must share the same travel itinerary and the flights, accommodation and activities listed as part of the prize above must be taken in 1 trip, between 1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019. All vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and are subject to business opening days/hours and availability – winner must check with each provider for the most up to date bookings information and book in advance.
b) 2 x copies of Lonely Planet’s Wine Trails Australia & New Zealand book (provided by Lonely Planet – approximate value AUD $34.99).
Total prize value is approximately AUD $7,950.41. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
How is the winner chosen?
11. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges who will review all eligible entries and, from a shortlist of 3 entries, decide the best overall winner.
12. The task of selecting the winner(s) will happen in a small, dark room atThe Malt Store, Level 3, 551 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia on Tuesday 18 December 2018 No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
13. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by email and their name(s) will be published on the Lonely Planet website within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
14. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by 31 January 2019, the next best entry will be declared winner announced (subject to regulatory approval). Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
15. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
16. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
17. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance, transport, spending money and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description.
18. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
19. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
20. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
21. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to Lonely Planet & Vinomofo’s Win a Trip competition. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
22. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.