Here are the terms and conditions which will apply to your entry. Please read them carefully as they contain important information you need to know!
Lonely Planet Global Inc. of 230 Franklin Road, Building 2B, Franklin, Tennessee 37064, USA (“Lonely Planet”) is the promotor. Our friends over at Department of Culture & Tourism of Abu Dhabi, Nation Towers, Abu Dhabi Corniche, PO Box 94000, Abu Dhabi, UAE are the promotional partners.
1. You can enter between February 4, 2019, 12:00 midday CST (“Opening Date”) AND April 30, 2019, 23:59 CST (“Closing Date”).
2. This is a global competition open to entrants who are 18 years old or over, except if you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of Lonely Planet, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the competition and these terms and conditions are void in those places.
3. Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
4. Any notifications and changes to these terms and conditions will be published on the competition entry page https://www.lonelyplanet.com/abu-dhabi-adventure-builder/, so you should check this page regularly
5. These terms are governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, USA.
6. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Facebook, and you completely release Facebook from any claims in relation to this competition.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations including the Twitter Rules. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lonely Planet and not to Instagram, and you completely release Instagram from any claims in relation to this competition.
How to enter and prize details
7. To enter you will require a valid registered Twitter or Instagram account. On either platform, post (or repost) a photo or video of the best adventure you've ever had either in Abu Dhabi, or anywhere in the world. Tag it with the campaign hashtag #LPAbuDhabi, as well as @LonelyPlanet and @VisitAbuDhabi, and include a brief description/caption.
Please double check the following before entering:
i. you must either post a new photo with the hashtag, or repost an existing photo with the hashtag, to your account. If you simply add the hashtag to an existing (already posted) photo, without reposting, it will not be eligible to win; and
ii. Your account needs to be set to ‘public profile’ in order for your photo or video to be received by Lonely Planet. You don’t have to buy anything to enter.
8. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work.
9. You can only enter once ‑ we’ll make confetti out of any extra entries you submit. Your entry is received at the time Lonely Planet receives it. Incomplete and invalid entries will not be accepted. If your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason, that’s not Lonely Planet’s fault.
10. One first prize winner will receive: one (1) trip for two (2) people (winner and guest) to Abu Dhabi, UAE – provided by the Department of Culture & Tourism, Abu Dhabi, including:
a. Economy flights on Etihad Airways to and from Abu Dhabi for two (2) people, valid from any Etihad Airways supported airport, including transfers to and from Abu Dhabi International Airport to the hotel. Subject to availability. Travel is not permitted during the following blackout dates, including 1/1/19, 4/3/19, 6/5/19, 6/6/19, 8/11/19, 8/12/19 - 8/14/19, 9/01/19, 11/10/19, 11/30/19, 11/28/19 -12/01/19, 12/01/19, 12/03/19 – approximate retail value $2,000 USD.
b. Accommodation for three (3) nights for two (2) people (winner and guest) at a five-star hotel in Abu Dhabi, chosen by the Department of Culture & Tourism, Abu Dhabi, including breakfast each day for two (2) people – approximate retail value $750 USD.
c. Two (2) dinners for two (2) people at any restaurant within the hotel property - approximate retail value $500 USD.
d. Two (2) Yas Park passes for two (2) people, including access to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and Warner Bros World, Abu Dhabi - approximate retail value $400 USD.
e. Transportation (car and driver) for three (3) nights - approximate retail value $700 USD.
Winner and guest must travel together and share the same itinerary. All travel is subject to availability and must be completed by December 31, 2019.
Total prize value is approximately USD $4,350.00. These prize values are accurate at the start of the competition.
11. If you are selected as a winner, you will need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas for travel to the United Arab Emirates. You’ll need to ensure you’re eligible for travel to the UAE & sort out your passport and visa applications yourself in order to take the prize.
How is the winner chosen?
12. Rather than consulting tea leaves, the winner will be selected: by a panel of 3 judges who will review all the eligible entries and then decide by a majority vote from the panel the best overall entry that personifies adventure.
13. The task of selecting the winner will happen in a small, dark room at Lonely Planet, 230 Franklin Road, Building 2B, Franklin, Tennessee 37064, USA, by 5:00p.m. CST on or around Wednesday, May 15, 2019. No correspondence will be entered into, even if you think that sucks.
14. We’ll give the winner(s) the good news by direct message via email within 2 days after selection. If you’re riddled with curiosity, send an email to email@example.com (including the name of the promotion) within 3 months of the Closing Date, and we’ll respond and tell you who won.
15. Lonely Planet will do its best to find the winner. But if we can’t, or if the winner hasn’t accepted the prize by August 15, 2019, the next best entry will be declared winner. Where there is a compelling technical or administrative reason out of Lonely Planet’s control, the winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received at that time.
If you do win
16. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency and age, so that we are sure you are who you say you are, and are eligible to receive the prize.
17. You can’t exchange the prize for cash, or ask us to give it to someone else (not that you’d want to!). We will use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described but if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to do that, we’ll substitute it for another prize of comparable value.
18. You’ll be responsible for all taxes, insurance, visas, and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with that prize that are not included in the prize description. Winners are required to complete and submit a W-9 form to Lonely Planet prior to delivery of a prize.
19. If, in order to take the prize, you’re lucky enough to need a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas, you’ll need to sort those out for yourself.
20. You are responsible for your use of the prize, including complying with any applicable terms and conditions of use. Of course, if you win a prize, you’ll be good and comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. Lonely Planet reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
21. You agree that if you have a dispute with Lonely Planet in relation to this sweepstake or any prize awarded: (1) it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim will be limited to an action at law for damages and you will not be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and your right to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
22. The nature of the prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to you (and if applicable, to your guest). You should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Lonely Planet is not responsible for use of the prize which results in:
a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
b) loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of conditions of entry or your negligence.
What happens to my entry?
23. You give Lonely Planet a worldwide, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of it in any form and media, in relation to the Abu Dhabi Adventure competition. You also consent to us editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating your entry in any medium. We will, to the extent practicable, attribute you as the author.
24. Lonely Planet and its promotional partners will only use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion and award the prize (but if you’ve told Lonely Planet that you want to receive stuff from us and/or our promotional partners, we’ll use your personal information for that too). If you win a prize, Lonely Planet can use your name and photograph for future marketing purposes unless you tell us not to.