Information from G Adventures
The wilds of Tanzania are one of those places that you just can't explore by yourself. Tag along with us for ten fast-paced days that pack in all the highlights of the region, including six days on the mainland and four days on Zanzibar, plus plenty of wildlife safari drives in national parks to amplify your chances at spotting wildlife. And with an included flight between the safaris and Zanzibar, you’ll maximize the time you’ve got to truly indulge in all the nature and beaches that East Africa has to offer.
- Your G for Good Moment: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Nungwi
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater
- Scenic flight from Arusha to Zanzibar
- Orientation walk in Stone Town
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Track the big five across the serengeti and the ngorongoro crater
- Bliss out on the white-sand beaches of zanzibar
- Maximize wildlife viewing and beach lounging with a scenic flight between arusha & zanzibar
- Get close to nature by camping in the wilderness
Day 1: Arusha Arrive at anytime. Head out to a local bar where the drinks are affordable and the company is fantastic. Get to know your new travel mates over a few Tuskers as a group. Connect over past travels, set your intentions for this trip, and as the night settles around you; simply enjoy being in the moment.
Day 2: Arusha/Mto wa Mbu Visit a Maasai village to learn about the Maasai people and the G Adventures-supported Clean Cookstove project. Meet the local women engineers who have installed clean cookstoves throughout these communities. In the afternoon, opt to visit the Mto wa Mbu village to enjoy a local lunch and cultural experience with the town's villagers.
Day 3: Mto wa Mbu/Serengeti National Park Enjoy a wildlife safari drive en route to the central Serengeti. Spend the night at a basic bush camp and enjoy the starry African skies.
Day 4: Serengeti National Park Enjoy a full-day wildlife safari drive in the safari vehicle. Opt for a morning hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti.
Day 5: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro Crater Set off on a wildlife safari drive on the way out of the Serengeti. Camp on the Ngorongoro Crater's rim.
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater/Arusha Wildlife safari drive in the Ngorongoro Crater, then return to Arusha.
Day 7: Arusha/Stone Town Fly to the beautiful island of Zanzibar and transfer to the hotel. Enjoy an orientation walk with your CEO in historic Stone Town, and opt to continue on for a longer walking tour, or explore on your own.
Day 8: Stone Town/Nungwi Transfer to the white-sand beaches and turquoise waters of beautiful Nungwi Beach.
Day 9: Nungwi Enjoy free time to lounge on the beach, snorkel, or tour the island.
Day 10: Nungwi/Stone Town Morning group transfer from Nungwi. Depart Stone Town upon arrival in the late morning.