Information from G Adventures
As the home of Olduvai Gorge, the world’s most treasured paleontological site, it’s safe to say humans have been coming to Tanzania forever. So, where’ve you been? Seamlessly blending out-there access with stylish comfort, this trip brings you close to wonders like Lake Manyara, the Ngorongoro Crater, the plains of the Serengeti and the Big Five before returning you to a cozy safari lodge or comfort-minded tented camp. True, it’s not exactly the way homo erectus did it, but that’s what evolution is all about, no?
- Your G for Good Moment: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Serengeti National Park
- Entrance to Olduvai Gorge
- Visit the G Adventures-supported Clean Cookstove project in a traditional Masai village
- Guided walk and lunch in a local community
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- View wildlife in tanzania's best parks and reserves with an expert wildlife guide
- Explore rural communities and taste a local lunch in a small village
- Relax in the middle of nature in comfortable tented camps
- Travel in a small group of 6 for optimal wildlife and cultural interactions
Day 1: Arusha Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Arusha/Lake Manyara National Park Visit Mto wa Mbu village enjoying a guided cultural walk and traditional lunch with a local family. Continue to our safari camp located outside Lake Manyara National Park, with unobstructed views of the Rift Valley Escarpment. Embark on an afternoon wildlife safari drive with phenomenal wildlife viewing and search out the famed tree-climbing lions.
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park/Serengeti National Park Travel through the Rift Valley and visit a Masai village to learn about the Masai people and the G Adventures-supported Clean Cookstove project. Meet the local female engineers who have installed clean cookstoves throughout these communities. Visit the historic site of Olduvai Gorge then travel to our comfortable mobile camp located at Turner's Spring, inside Serengeti National Park. Embark on afternoon and morning wildlife safari drives in our compact, safari 4x4, with a pop-up roof for optimal wildlife observation. Opt to take a sunrise balloon safari.
Day 4: Serengeti National Park Embark on a morning wildlife safari drive in our compact, safari 4x4, with a pop-up roof for optimal wildlife observation. Opt to take a sunrise balloon safari.
Day 5: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro Continue wildlife viewing on the drive out of the Serengeti to our comfortable tented camp. Relax this evening enjoying the African sunset with a cool drink overlooking the watering hole.
Day 6: Ngorongoro/Arusha Depart early into Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for a wildlife safari drive and picnic lunch. In the afternoon, drive to Arusha for the final night.
Day 7: Arusha Depart at any time.