Afghanistan Border

Border Post in Ishkashim

A permit is needed to cross into the Afghan Wakhan, known as the 'Little Pamir'. This can be organised through a tour operator such as Tajikistan Travel ( or through a similar agency in Afghanistan. PECTA in Khorog also gives reliable advice on border crossing and tours.