New Taiwan dollar (NT$).
Budget: Less than NT$2500
- Dorm bed: NT$550–800
- MRT: NT$40
- Noodles and side dish: NT$80–200
- Convenience store beer: NT$40
- Temple admission: free
- Double room in a hotel: NT$1400–2800
- Lunch and dinner at a restaurant: NT$250–500
- Taxi rental per day: NT$1600–3000
- Gourmet coffee: NT$120–260
- Soak in a private hot-spring room: NT$1000–1400
Top End: More than NT$5000
- Double room at a four-star hotel: NT$4000–12000
- Meal at a top restaurant: NT$800–2000
- Top-of-the-line private guided tour: NT$9000
- Cocktail at a high-end bar: NT$300–400
Prices are generally marked on goods and bargaining is not common. However, in tourist and wholesale markets you may be able to shave off 10% or 20%, particularly if you buy several items.
There are no ATMs that take international cards in the park.