Taipei holds lots of delights for children. Night markets, in particular, attract kids with their atmosphere of excitement on top of all the tasty drinks and snacks and toys. There are parks with ducks and turtles, and – for older inquiring minds – there are great interactive games in the museums.
Fun with Water
- Bird-shaped boats can be pedalled for a happy hour on the serene lake of Bitan.
- Kids can cool off at the splashtastic water park in the Museum of Drinking Water (summer only).
- The short-but-sweet ferry ride between Tamsui to Bali will put the salt wind in their hair, or opt for the Blue Highway cruise for a longer boat ride.
- Get them soaking each other at the Songkran Festival.
Playing with Puppets
Need to Know
- Information The website A Toddler in Taipei (www.atoddlerintaipei.com) has listings for activities, restaurants and and play areas for kids under 12.
- Transport Kids under six years old or below 115cm (and accompanied by an adult) may travel free on the Taipei MRT.
- Nappy changing There are breast-feeding and baby-changing facilities in MRT stations, public buildings and museums.