When to Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Accommodation costs increase 30% to 50% in tourist areas.
- Saturday nights (year-round) and Chinese New Year also see increases.
- Typhoon season from June could mean disruptions to traffic and access to remote areas.
Shoulder (Sep & Oct, Apr–Jun)
- Good discounts on accommodation midweek.
- Crowds at major sights on weekends.
- Best time to visit outer islands.
- Peak time for Chinese tour groups is from March to May.
- Typhoon season until October can disrupt flights and sailings.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Few crowds except during January and Chinese New Year.
- Best discounts on accommodation at major tourist sights (up to 50%).
- Saturday night rates may still be high-season prices.
- High season for hot-spring hotels.