New Taiwanese dollar (NT$).
- Dorm bed: NT$550–800
- MRT: NT$30
- Noodles and side dish: NT$80–120
- Convenience store beer: NT$40
- Temple admission: free
- Double room in a hotel: NT$1400–2600
- Lunch or dinner at a decent restaurant: NT$250–500
- Car rental per day: NT$1800–2400
- Gourmet coffee: NT$120–260
- Soak in a private hot-spring room: NT$1000–1400
Top End: More than NT$5000
- Double room at a four-star hotel: NT$4000–6000
- Meal at a top restaurant: NT$800–1200
- Ecotour guide per day: NT$4000–6000
- Well-made tea pot: NT$3000–8000
- Cocktail at a good bar: NT$280–350
Prices are generally marked on goods and bargaining is not common. However, in tourist and wholesale markets you may be able to shave off 10% or 20%, particularly if you buy several items.
There's an ATM in the 7-Eleven in Penfu Village.