When to Go
High Season (mid-Jun–Aug)
- High season starts at midsummer; expect warm weather. Most sights and accommodation will be open.
- Some restaurants and shops close in July or August as Swedes take their own holidays.
- Weather is still good, even if no one's around to enjoy it.
- Many tourist spots are closed, but you’ll have the rest all to yourself.
- Hotel rates return to normal but drop at weekends.
Low Season (Nov–May)
- Best season for winter-sports adventures, the Northern Lights and holiday markets.
- Book accommodation and winter activities in advance.
- Many campgrounds and hostels close for the winter.