Information from Viator
In 2014 a wildfire broke out in the area of Ramnäs and Sala. It was the largest wildfire on Swedish soil in 40 years and left a devastated area of 14000 hectares. Sweden struggled to put out the fire on its own and after an EU appeal, Italy and France provided firefighting aircraft. The fire was under control after eleven days.
The tour includes travel in a classic safari car with a guide that was a volunteer fire fighter during the fire. You will be guided around the area where the wildfire was raging, and you'll hear exciting and personal anecdotes from the guide that was individually affected by the forest fire.We stop in the forest and explore the area and take a Swedish "FIKA" (coffee, tea and home made cookies)The forest in the area was badly affected and you will see and experience how the fire changed the area coming back and forth during different wether conditions when the fire was raging. Black trees and tree stumps, cracked rocks where the soil is completely gone to total destruction as far as the eye can see. And maybe if we look carefully( in the spring) we can find the red listed specie Svedjenäva that can only be seen one or two years after huge wildfires. The tour takes a maximum of 8 participants, but can also offer a lower price for maximum of 5 participants. We recommend you bring comfortable clothing and shoes, camera and water bottle.No age limit and we can arrange car seats for children from 3 years old.
- Private tour with wildfire track. Rent the whole safari truck by your self or with your family or company. The vehicle takes maximum 8 passenger.
- We stop for a Swedish "FIKA" (coffee, tea and home made cookies)
- We drive a classic safari car, Land Rover Defender for a unik experience.
- Local inspiring guide from Swenture - Swedish adventure
- Round-trip private transfer
- We can arrange hotel pickup
- We can arrange hotel drop-off
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Small-group tour
- Ideal choice for families
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local