- Travel insurance covering theft, loss and medical problems is highly recommended while in Swaziland.
- Before choosing a policy, shop around; policies designed for short European package tours may not be suitable for the Swaziland savannah.
- Read the fine print – some policies specifically exclude 'dangerous activities', which can mean whitewater rafting, motorcycling, abseiling and more.
- In case of an incident, some policies ask you to call (reverse charges) a centre in your home country, where an immediate assessment of your problem is made.
- Worldwide travel insurance is available at www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-insurance. You can buy, extend and claim online any time – even if you're already on the road.
Checking insurance quotes…