Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife

Tourist Information in Khartoum

All travel outside Khartoum requires a travel permit. To get one, take one photo and a copy of your passport and visa to this Ministry in the Riyadh area, south of Khartoum's centre. A permit covering everywhere you intend to visit (except the no-go zones) can be issued on the spot, which is a combined travel and photograph permit. Carry dozens of photocopies of this permit along with copies of your passport and visa to give to police at check points and when checking in at hotels.