Information from Viator
Witness large collection of stone ruins at the Great Zimbabwe National Monument for a glimpse to ancient civilisation and culture followed by a visit to the man made lake of Mutirikwi.
• Begin with a visit to the ancient ruins of the Great Zimbabwe National Monument. Great Zimbabwe is basically a medieval city in the south-eastern hills of Zimbabwe near Lake Mutirikwi and the town of Masvingo. It was also the capital of the Kingdom of Zimbabwe during the country's Late Iron Age. Construction on this monument had began in the 11th century and went on till 15th century. • Explore the great archaeological, anthropological, traditional, historical and cultural site, with a large number of attractive and inspiring views. • while there visit the Museum, which displays artefacts excavated by archaeologists. • Proceed to explore the calm water of Lake Mutirikwi in a serene boat ride.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)