Budget: Less than €200
- Budget hotel room from €150
- Burger €20
- Beer €4
- Surfboard rental per half-day €12
- Scooter rental per day from €30
- Midrange hotel room/apartment from €300
- Two-course evening meal €45
- Glass of wine from €8
- SUP/kayak rental per hour €25
- Compact car rental per day from €45
Top End: Over €460
- Private villa with pool from €800
- Three-course gourmet meal from €75
- Cocktail/glass of Champagne from €14
- Two-tank dive €150
- Private yacht charter per day €1000
- Convertible/4WD rental per day from €90
Haggling isn't accepted on the island; you're expected to pay the stated price.
The currency used in St-Barth is the euro. ATMs are easy to find in Gustavia and in St-Jean, but they don't always accept foreign cards.
Larger establishments accept credit cards (including foreign cards).
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Service fees are included in prices so tipping is not necessary or expected, but people commonly round up restaurant bills and taxi fares to the nearest euro.