Information from Viator
Sigiriya and Dambulla have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage and once Sigiriya was nominated as the 8th Wonder of the World. This is a must-do trip when visiting Sri Lanka.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Ancient City of Sigiriya, Sigiriya, Central ProvinceEarly morning leave for Sigiriya (approx. 4 hours drive) and climb the 5th-century Sigiriya rock fortress. Sigiriya is famous for its toadstool of golden-hued granite, protruding into the searing blue sky from a hot, flat wilderness of scrub-land, which is transformed in the rainy season to a water garden. Afterwards visiting this beautiful area, have lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant.Duration: 3 hoursStop At: Dambulla Cave Temple, Habarana, North Central ProvinceAfter lunch, visit Dambulla rock temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is a World Heritage Site. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings, is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains over 150 images of the Buddha and the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters.On completion of this visit, you will be driven back to your hotel (approx. 4 hours drive)Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an Air-conditioned vehicle in Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Kalutara or Kandy.
- Sightseeing tours with service of an English Speaking chauffeur guide
- Lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant
- All Government taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Sigiriya
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Cave Temple
What's not included
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Tips to guides, restaurants, and hotel lobby. Tipping is expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included