THE PRICE INCLUDES:ROUND TRIP SERVICE PLACE OF ACCOMODATION - ALTO MIJARES - PLACE OF ACCOMODATION.VISIT TO ARENOSO CASTLE. PADDLE SURF BOARD RENTAL.LIFE JACKET RENTAL.NAVIGATION WITH PADDEL SURF GUIDE.*Supplement of 10€ to have a typical local meal.In order to apply the group discount, make your reservation by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgMEETING POINT: PLACE OF ACCOMODATION.DURATION: 5H (flexible schedule).
We will enjoy this trip doing Paddle Surf through the calmed waters of a valley situated in the Alto Mijares region (Montanejos). Spend a day surrounded by an spectacular tree mass with species such as Melojo, Valencian oak or yew, as well as the characteristic Mediterranean pine.If you love animals, we must say that during this excursion, we will find large raptors and mammals like the Golden eagle, cabra Montesa, the Roe deer and the Wild cat. But this trip not only has attractions for animal lovers, but also hides buildings and spots of historical-cultural interests such as the Castle of Arenoso or the Viñaza. This last one used to be an old farmhouse formed by agricultural terraces which extend to the marsh. Take the chance to navigate over the village, which flooded during the 70s, Campos de Arenoso. To sum up, the perfect mix between sports, environmental care and historical issues.The castle was won by King James I of Aragón as a reward for Muslims. It was granted to the Lord of Arenoso and his descendants, until it was dismantled by the troops of Juan II of Aragón. Two hundred years later, it was positioned in favour of Enrique IV of Castilla and subsequently suffered several damages during the Carlist war (1833 - 1840) and the Spanish Civil war (1936 - 1939).Now a days, this castle is quite damaged. Two buildings can be clearly seen, with islamic and christian remains. The superior compound is found at the centre of the hill, on top of a rocky platform which have been adapted with masonry to give it a rectagular shape. In this space, we can find a couple of towers; a semicircular one with arrow-holes and a squared tower, made of masonry and ashlar. Walking down the hill there is the second compound, next to the rocky platform. A squared-based tower stands out, this is the one which is best preserved, with battlements with southeastern orientation. There are two cisterns and a curtain wall with battlements too, built in mudwall. Walking towards the fort, as we ascend the promontory, we can observe some remains from the walls and several towers. At the end of the path, the entry gate rose, this was demolished in order to construct the chapel of Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles of the 14th century, located at the side of the hill.