Information from G Adventures
The opportunity to walk Spain's celebrated Camino de Santiago isn't just another vacation; it's an outright life-changing achievement. This incredible 10-day adventure begins with two days of exploration in stately (and must-see) Madrid. Then continue to the picturesque municipality of Sarria to begin your own once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage, along the final 100km of the famed Camino. Finish your walk at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, celebrating your accomplishment with fellow pilgrims from all over the world.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Orientation walk in Madrid
- Trekking along the pilgrimage route of Santiago de Compostela (5 days)
- Luggage transport throughout
- Transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore madrid's plaza mayor and gran via at your own pace
- Complete the last 100km of the pilgrim's trail and complete your "compostela" walk through small villages and towns
- Enjoy hearty and delicious spanish food
- Walk into the cathedral in santiago de compostela.
Day 1: Madrid Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Madrid Enjoy a short orientation walk around Madrid with a free day to explore. Opt to check out the world-famous museums, do some shopping or enjoy some fantastic food.
Day 3: Madrid/Sarria Travel to the charming town of Sarria by train. Take some free time to explore before meeting up with the rest of your group.
Day 4: Sarria/Portomarín Hike from Sarria to Portomarín throughout the course of the day.
Day 5: Portomarín/Palas de Rei Early start from Portomarin, continue walking through fantastic scenery with a rich history en route to Palas de Ray.
Day 6: Palas de Rei/Melide Continue the pilgrimage westwards, walking through the lush green valleys of Galicia.
Day 7: Melide/Arzúa Follow the Camino from Melide to the village of Ribadiso and finally the town of Arzúa.
Day 8: Arzúa/Salceda The Camino walk will pass through pretty woods, sleepy villages and across streams most of the day.
Day 9: Salceda/Santiago de Compostela Enjoy a final day of walking through spectacular scenery towards the final destination.
Day 10: Santiago de Compostela Depart at any time.