Information from G Adventures
Spain has been described as less of a country than a collection of small nations all working together. Each region has its own distinct character, style, even language. This quick eight-day trip introduces you to Spain’s Basque and Catalan provinces the best way: through food, art, culture, and first-person contact. Vibrant Barcelona, unhurried San Sebastián, Bilbao’s fabulous architecture, Logroño's famous cuisine, cosmopolitan Madrid, and the mighty Pyrenees, all in just over a week? Yeah, we did that. Come find out how.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Rioja Region Wine Tasting, Logroño
- Barcelona orientation walk including Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas
- "Casa rural" stay with traditional meals
- San Sebastián day trip
- Madrid orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Capture photos of stunning countryside and age-old cathedrals
- Indulge in the tapas lifestyle
- Wander through gaudí's wonderland in barcelona
- Live like a local in a "casa rural" in the pyrenees
- Experience the basque way of life.
Day 1: Barcelona Arrive at any time. We recommend arriving a day or two early to fully explore this vibrant city.
Day 2: Barcelona/Pyrenees Take the morning to explore beautiful Barcelona. Head to the Pyrenees region for 2 nights in a 'casa rural'. Enjoy home-cooked meals and hiking.
Day 3: Pyrenees Enjoy the day in the scenic Pyrenees. Opt for some hikes in the area or head to Ainsa to explore. Spend another night in the 'casa rural'.
Day 4: Pyrenees/Bilbao Travel to Bilbao, the first stop in the unique Basque region of Spain. Arrive in the early afternoon. Opt to visit the stunning Guggenheim Museum, or climb the Mallona Stairs to Parque Etxebarria for beautiful views over the city.
Day 5: Bilbao/San Sebastian/Bilbao Take a day trip to San Sebastian. Opt to take a pintxos (tapas) tour and learn about the fascinating culture of the area. Return to Bilbao for the night.
Day 6: Bilbao/Logroño Travel to Logroño and enjoy an included wine tasting in the Rioja region.
Day 7: Logroño/Madrid Travel to Madrid and enjoy free time in this capital city.
Day 8: Madrid Depart at any time.