- Puerto de la Cruz It’s a gentle incline but a pleasant walk heading from the centre to Puerto’s gardens via the Mirador de la Paz.
- La Laguna Tenerife’s most ideal (and picturesque town) to explore on foot, with spellbinding architecture and no hills.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Take one of the walking tours of town to get a handle on the city and its architecture.
Hiking Trails & Hikes
- La Orotava The lush valley surrounding the town contains a maze of footpaths through spectacular scenery.
- Garachico Just outside the town you can hike trails that follow the path of former lava flows.
- El Teide There are over 20 well-signposted trails you can follow around the volcano.
- Barranco de Masca Tenerife's most popular hike, down a ravine to the coast from Masca.
- Barranco del Infierno Three hundred people a day are limited to exploring this terrific ravine in Adeje – reserve ahead.
- Anaga Mountains Head for the Cruz del Carmen visitors centre, the starting point for several fabulous walks in lush terrain.
- Costa Adeje Take a bracing stroll eastwards along the seafront promenade from Playa del Duque to La Caleta.
- El Médano You can walk around 3km along the promenade here; visit the tourist office for a map of local walks.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife The waterfront promenade is a pleasant walk eastwards from the port.
- Los Cristianos Harbour It’s a gentle stroll along the beachfront and down to the harbour, and very pretty at sunset time.
- Los Gigantes & Puerto de Santiago Wander between these two settlements and the beaches to the south for terrific sunsets.
- Travelin’ Lady A long-standing and reputable Los Cristianos operator specialising in whale-watching tours.
- K-16 Surf You can rent a board or take a class (or both) at this serious surf school in Playa de las Américas.
- Azul Kite School Kitesurfing experts in El Médano, with courses for all levels.
- Apnea Canarias Freediving specialists on the east coast, with courses from beginner to expert.
- Buceo Tenerife Diving Center Long-standing Las Galletas diving school with tons of experience; professional and solid.
- Neptuno There are plenty of boat-tour choices with this Los Cristianos outfit, including one with food, drink and whale-spotting.
- Aqua Marina This Playa de las Américas operator has a vast range of diving courses, such as 'try dives' for absolute beginners.