It would be hard to imagine a town with more bars than San Sebastián. Most of the city’s bars mutate through the day from calm morning-coffee hangouts to pintxo-laden delights, before finally finishing up as noisy bars full of writhing, sweaty bodies. Nights in San Sebastián start late and go on until well into the wee hours.
Drinking & Nightlife
- Mala Gissona Beer House A lively local spot that serves the city's best craft brews.
- La Gintonería Donostiarra Gin-lovers raise a glass at this tonic-loving joint in Gros.
- Altxerri Jazz Bar A temple to jazz and blues. Hosts frequent live acts from local and international musicians.
- La Mera Mera A tiny but much-loved local drinking spot on the appealing neighbourhood of Antiguo.
- Bar Ondarra The best place to head after a day on Playa de Zurriola.
- Pokhara One of the best places to start off the night (or early afternoon) in the New Town.