Information from Viator
Visit 3 wineries and taste more than 10 wines in Madrid Wine Region (D.O Vinos de Madrid). Escape the metropolitan mayhem of Madrid in favor of the verdant vineyards of Vinos de Madrid on a full-day Spanish wine tour. Accompanied by an accomplished guide, explore the beautiful wine-making region and learn about complex production processes in atmospheric wine cellars, known as bodegas. Sample signature wines grown in the area and gain fascinating insight into the culinary heritage of Spain’s capital city on this enriching epicurean tour.
Leave central Madrid and head into the surrounding countryside, passing through the sleepy villages and meadows that typify the area. As you travel by air-conditioned minibus, your guide will talk to you about wines made in the area surrounding Madrid.About 19 miles (30km) away from the capital’s center, you’ll find yourself in the heart of the Madrid's main winemaking area, known as Vinos de Madrid – a Spanish Denominación de origen (DO) territory. All wines produced here adhere to strict production guidelines so they have are able to proudly display the DO Madrid labels on their bottles – an indication of the region's high-quality wine.The area boasts a real mix of traditional and contemporary wineries, all dotted around an area extending from the central mountain range to the Tagus River Valley. Visit three of the region’s best estates to sample quality red and white wines. Roughly halfway through your tour, your guide will give you several options for lunch (own expense).Visit three of the region’s contemporary and centennial wineries,tasting the wine with the winemakers amid medieval towns, old vineyards and gorgeous picturesque views.Please note that this itinerary is an example only and may be subject to change.
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or van-3 guided winery visits with the owners and winemakers.
- Wine tasting: A taste of generous samples of over 10 wines between whites and reds (local grapes Tempranillo and Malvar among others)
- Snacks of cheese, iberico products or olive oil will be included at the wineries
- Small group tour maximum 19 people (average of 8 people)
- Transportation in an air conditioned minivan or bus.
- An expert bilingual local wine guide during the whole the tour
What's not included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide