Budget: Less than €60
- Budget hotel room (with shared bathroom): €25–35
- Excellent markets and supermarkets for self-caterers
- Check out museums with free entry, parks, churches and walks
- Double room in midrange hotel: €55–80
- Three-course meal in midrange restaurant: €25, plus wine
- Top museums, galleries and sights: average €6
Top End: Over €150
- Four-star hotel room: €100
- Fine dining for lunch and dinner
- Car rental from €20 per day
Haggling over prices is accepted in some markets, and shops may offer a small discount if you’re spending a lot of money. Otherwise expect to pay the stated price.
For the highest concentration of banks with 24-hour ATM machines head for Calle José Franchy Roca, just south of Parque Santa Catalina.