When to go and weather
- Peak season here is late winter to early spring (February to Easter): the weather is warm, rain is sporadic and the island’s stunning interior is green, with the occasional visual blast of almond trees in blossom.
- Spring is festival season, with the vivacious February Carnaval celebrations followed by the sombre ceremonies of Semana Santa (Easter).
- June sees one of the island's largest fiestas, San Juan, and temperatures are perfect, with an average of 24°C.
- July and August is a busy time, with Spaniards from the mainland and families from northern Europe on holiday.
- September and October are perfect: the weather is ideal and the crowds have headed home.