Extremadura caters to all budgets, though most hotels fall in the midrange bracket. Accommodation ranges from simple hostales (budget hotels) and albergues (hostels) to elegant boutique hotels and lavish paradores (luxurious state-owned hotels, many in historic buildings).
Rural areas are dominated by attractive casas rurales (village or farmstead accommodation), self-catering apartments and campsites. Extremadura also has its own hospedería line of upmarket (though not-quite-parador standard) hotels inside historic buildings.
- Parador de Jarandilla Feel like a king in this 15th-century castle.
- Parador de Cáceres Refurbished luxury in the heart of Cáceres' old town.
- Parador de Trujillo Noble mansion in medieval town of many.
- Parador de Guadalupe Whitewashed comfort in Extremadura's most sacred town.
- Parador de Zafra Another formidable castle with luxurious rooms.
- Parador de Plasencia A former convent turned into a dreamy and atmospheric stay.