Information from Viator
Discover magnificent Montserrat and the Benedictine abbey of Santa Maria de Montserrat on this day trip from Barcelona. Forget about traffic with long queues and catch the Aeri's cable car up to Montserrat. You’ll delight yourself with the unbeatable panoramic views of the famous monumental Rosary of the Virgin. Visit the monastery, one of Spain’s most important pilgrimage sites, with an expert guide. See the famous 12th-century carving, Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta (the Dark One), and listen to the children's choir. Then, enjoy a scenic ride on the glass-bottomed St Joan funicular railway before exploring the trails in Montserrat Natural Park. Hiking experience of 1 hour with an expert mountain guide. Numbers limited to 15 people, ensuring a premium small-group experience.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productPass By: We BarcelonaWe BarcelonaPass By: Sant Joan Funicular Railway, Montserrat, CataloniaIs a funicular railway at Montserrat, near Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain.Stop At: Aeri de Montserrat, Montserrat, CataloniaIs an aerial cable car which provides one of the means of access to the Montserrat mountain and abbey.Duration: 10 minutesPass By: Escolania de Montserrat, Cataloniais a boys' choir of sopranos and altos based at the Benedictine abbey Santa Maria de Montserrat near Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.Pass By: Abadia de Montserrat, Montserrat, CataloniaIs an abbey of the Order of Saint Benedict located on the mountain of Montserrat in Monistrol de Montserrat, Catalonia, Spain.
- A 5,5-hour guided visit of Montserrat . An expert guide to ensure top quality service and the best destination knowledge.
- Private Transport
- Bilingual Guide
- Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Soft Hiking
- One hour of trek in the Natural Park
- Boys choir singing of the famous Escolania de Montserrat (subject to seasonal availability)
- Premium Small Group maximum capacity 12/15 people per tour
- Tickets for Aeri of Montserrat (Cable car)
- Tickets for Sant Joan’s railway
- Entry/Admission - Aeri de Montserrat
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included