Canary Islands in detail
Top Windsurfing & Kiteboarding
Windsurfing & Kiteboarding
- Playa de Sotavento de Jandía, Fuerteventura A string of soft white-sand beaches with excellent windsurfing bordering the blustery east coast.
- Playa de la Barca, Fuerteventura The top windsurfing and kitesurfing choice.
- Pozo Izquierdo, Gran Canaria Big winds are a constant at this windsurfing outpost.
- Costa Teguise, Lanzarote Excellent conditions for windsurfers.
- Corralejo, Fuerteventura Windsurfing for all levels on the northeast coast.
- Playa Las Galletas, Tenerife Relaxed and easy-going town with good windsurfing in the south.
- Playa El Médano, Tenerife Decent gusts on the southeast coast.
Beginner Surf Spots
- La Caleta de Famara, Lanzarote With its endless stretch of sand and plenty of surf schools, it’s perfect for learners.
- El Cotillo, Fuerteventura Offers perfect learner conditions.
- Playa de las Américas, Tenerife Has a few mellow, learner-friendly waves and several surf schools.
- La Restinga, El Hierro A wealth of marine life and plenty of diving operators to show you the underwater wonders.
- Puerto Calero, Lanzarote Visibility up to 20m and especially warm waters. You’ll find marlin, barracuda and a host of other fish.
- Los Gigantes & Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife Wreck dives, cave dives and old-fashioned boat dives. Marine life ranges from eels to angel sharks and stingrays.
- Puerto de Mogán, Gran Canaria Dive in and around the caves and wrecks that lie not far offshore.
- Playa de las Canteras, Gran Canaria Not much of a diving spot, but this is some of the most accessible snorkelling in the archipelago, just metres from the sand.