- La Viña del Ensanche Go for the tasting menu at Bilbao’s standout pintxo bar.
- Mina Restaurante Fine dining with a lot of soul, on a waterfront strip across from the old town.
- Agape Restaurante A solid slice of real culinary life and a huge hit with locals.
- Casa Rufo A hideaway tucked behind a wine shop and deli serving exquisite traditional dishes.
- Gure Toki A culinary icon on Plaza Nueva much loved by pintxo-munching locals.
- Bascook High-end culinary wizardry set in an atmospheric former salt warehouse.
By Cuisine: Pintxos
El Globo Outstanding pintxos that showcase the great bounty of the Basque countryside.
Ledesma No 5 Best of the best when it comes to pintxos, on a restaurant-lined strip in the new town.
Berton Wander the cobbled lanes of the old town to find this top-rated pintxos house.
Sorginzulo Serving heavenly morsels of Basque creativity, this Plaza Nueva spot has a strong local following.
By Budget: €
Basquery Jovial eating and drinking spot for charcuterie, gourmet sandwiches, baked goods, and most importantly craft brew.
El Puertito Slurp down oysters and sip crisp white wine at this garrulous den near the stadium.
Rio-Oja A sterling reputation for classic Basque fare, which sometimes includes adventurous dishes, like pig’s feet.