Even the smallest villages have an oficina de turismo (tourist office) although opening hours vary greatly. In some towns, you'll find both a municipal tourist office dealing just with the city or town in question, as well as a regional tourist office, covering the wider Castilla y León region.
For information on Castilla y León, visit www.turismocastillayleon.com, or ring 902 20 30 30.
Travel with Children
Best for Kids
- Castillo, Puebla de Sanabria Kids can try on armour and clamber up towers.
- Casa-Museo de Colón, Valladolid Fun interactive exhibits about Columbus.
- Museo del Orinal, Ciudad Rodrigo The Potty Museum will put a smirk on every kid's face.
- Museo de Art Nouveau y Art Decó, Salamanca There are many fabulous toys here, including three rooms of historic dolls.
- Alcázar, Segovia The inspiration for Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle. Enough said.
- Titirimundi International Puppet Festival, Segovia Time your visit for this wonderful family festival (mid-May).
- Museo del Chocolate, Astorga Chocolate pleases kids – of all ages.