When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug & Dec–Feb)
- Dry, cool winter months.
- Chilly in the mountains.
- Travel is difficult during Tet in Vietnam.
- Summer rains across most of the region.
Shoulder Season (Mar & Nov)
- Hot, dry season begins in March.
- November sees lower prices, before the rush.
Low Season (Apr–May, Sep–Oct)
- Travel difficult during April’s new year festivals in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Easter festivities in the Philippines.
- Wet season (Sep–Oct); flooding, typhoons, transport cancellations.
- Dry season begins in Indonesia (Apr–May).